Mastering the Video Conference training course
With pressure on travel budgets, increasing globalisation and improvements in technology, use of video conferencing is on the increase. For many, even experienced presenters, this is an extremely hard medium to master and can be a daunting way to present.
Do you feel like you are presenting into a void? How do you know if people are listening to you? How can you assess their reaction or even if they care? How do we really engage people and get them off their smartphones?
This video conference training course teaches new and smart techniques to ensure you’re as persuasive on video as you are in person.
- Getting the technology working for you
- Adapting to different rooms and scenarios
- Planning your use of your room and theirs
- Lights, camera, action! (or how to ‘direct’ the camera)
- Taking control of the conference
- Handling one or two screens. Laptops vs monitors
- Your voice: what we can learn from radio presenters
- Keeping people engaged
- Controlling body language and eyes
- Managing the meeting: signposting, leading, checking
- Adapting your content to VC and webinars
- Webinars: how to present ‘blind’
This video conference training course is a third theory and two thirds practice using your VC facilities and replicating typical situations that the class faces (two rooms are required in close proximity).
Performances are filmed in the room and over VC, so attendees understand how they appear on the other end of the line. Trainees keep their films for reference.
Timelength: ½ day (we recommend running this together with other Level 2 courses eg Presentation Masterclass, to create a full day).