Negotiation Skills Training
Level 3 – The Psychology of Negotiation
This course, the third module of our negotiation skills training courses, is designed for the experienced negotiator looking for added advantage. It teaches advanced techniques taught can polish any performance. This course assumes knowledge of the negotiation theory taught in our Level 2 course.
The workshop content is designed around the group’s needs, but typically includes:
- Positional vs Principled Negotiation
- The Pareto Optimal Frontier
- Truth or Dare? Should you lie, bluff or just tell the truth?
- Poker face or not?
- Negotiating with people you dislike
- Force, rights and interests
- The principles of reciprocity, similarity and reinforcement
- The psychology of risk
- Vision, Big Picture and Objectives
- Handling multiple offers
- Contingent agreements
- Saving face
This advanced negotiation skills training course uses roleplays and one-on-one coaching. The examples used are based on real-life negotiations with some of the world’s largest companies. We can craft roleplays to mirror a typical company negotiation. This blend of hard-nosed commercialism and colourful stories ensures the day is a very memorable experience.