Level 1 – The Principles of Negotiation
Why is it that some people always seem to negotiate a good deal? Some people are born negotiators (most under 10’s, for example). For the rest of us, it’s a skill that can be learnt with some negotiating skills training. Level 1 is aimed at people with little or no experience of negotiation. It’s designed take the anxiety out of your business negotiations, whether informal or formal, feeling confident and more likely to succeed.
- The stages of a negotiation
- The importance of the relationship
- Different styles and how to deal with them
- Potential outcomes and how they happen
- Handling information strategically
- Being creative
- Maintaining composure
- Developing a collaborative style
- Handling tough negotiators
- Tools, moves and tricks of the trade
- Post negotiation: how to make sure the agreement sticks
A balance of negotiation theory, practice and individual coaching so you end the day able to walk into your next business negotiation with confidence.