Influencing Level 1-2: Influencing Fundamentals
This half day workshop is for those who want to be better at influencing those around them, whether internal or external stakeholders, peers, direct reports or more senior managers. It is designed as an introduction to the wider arena of Influencing Skills. It focuses on two critical areas – management of the self and awareness of the motivations and communication styles of others. It is particularly useful for those who want to work on their emotional intelligence.
- What makes a good influencer?
- Who do you have to influence and what issues do you face?
- Self, others and the dynamic in-between
- Self-confidence and your ability to influence
- How personal impact makes a difference
- Knowing yourself and the impact of your reactions
- Active listening
- Recognising and adapting to different communication styles
- Building rapport and understanding
- Understanding drivers and goals
- Understanding everyone’s ‘ring of fear’
This workshop combines theory and practice. Attendees have the opportunity to share their own challenges and work on potential solutions.