Handling Difficult People
Difficult colleagues are one of the most common reasons good people leave a company. This workshop enables attendees to handle difficult people more effectively. It understands that while you probably can’t change your colleague or client, by changing the way you react to them you can build a better relationship. Ultimately, that means greater job satisfaction and productivity.
- What makes a difficult person?
- Different types of difficult
- Understanding how and why you react the way you do
- What are you doing that might be making things worse?
- Communication styles and how to handle them
- Getting yourself in a positive state
- Sovereignty of first and second order
- Transactional Analysis
- How your listening skills can make the difference
- Empathy and understanding
- Disarming translation
- Learning to push back, diplomatically
The day is a mix of theory, exercises and roleplays. Participants are encouraged to bring the situations they face into the workshop. The group works on a range of possible solutions and practices how they can be applied.